Sunday, April 22, 2007

Piñata Time

Tyler enjoyed another day at home today. Darla drove up to get him around lunch time and he spent the day lounging about, talking to visitors. He was very excited to see his girlfriend, Dulcy, Christopher and their baby Jaden. After supper, Tyler finally got to break the piñata that Auntie Kara bought for Bethany and him, to celebrate Tyler’s day pass. Bethany, Mackenzie and Baby James were on hand to help swing the bat to release popcorn, jubejubes and other treats. Tyler now refers to the Children’s as his “hotel” and doesn’t seem to mind returning to his room for the night. The nurses and doctors, as well as the housekeeping staff play a very important role in his life. Thank you to all these special people that brighten Tyler’s stay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tyler
I am your Auntie Joy. You don't know me but I love you very much just the same. I knew your Nanny when she was just a baby. I think of you every day and hope that you're going to be as good as new soon. I am sick too so I can't come to visit you but I think of you and I am so pleased that you started a blog so that I can keep in touch with you. It's so nice to see your picture. I think you are an adorable little boy. I send you lots and lots of hugs and kisses and I'm so sorry that you got sick. I hope that you will keep on getting better and better all the time
- Auntie Joy

Anonymous said...

We are all so happy that you're starting to feel better, Tyler. It must have been great to go home for awhile and to see some friends. We hope that you'll be able to go home for good soon. We think about you every day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tyler
We are so happy you got to go home and enjoy the sunshine. It was really sunny in Ottawa and we were thinking of you and hoping you were outside having fun too! We can't wait to come visit you soon. Miss you and love you lots!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Tyler and Family,
I am living in Winnipeg. I am sending all of you lots of love and healing. I can tell Tyler has lots of support from his family and friends and that makes my heart happy. I know you will continue to heal and regain your strength, Tyler. I will check in again for more good news!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hello Tyler,
What a lot of fun it must have been trying to get all those goodies out of the pinata.
You are always in our prayers and hope to see you back at St. Jos soon. Give your Nanny, Bethany and Mommy a big hug for us, okay!
Doreen and Allan