Sunday, September 23, 2007

A "Most Precious Surprise"

As per my daily routine, I called Mark on Saturday morning to see how things were going at the hospital. It was quite early, so Mark told me that Tyler was still asleep and that he was just about to jump into the shower. About an hour later, my doorbell rang, and to my astonishment, Mark was standing at my doorstep holding the most precious surprise I have ever received. TYLER! In his own words, he told me, “I thought you were going to cry when you saw me, Auntie Kara.” I suppose I have been doing a lot of crying around this little man, and although I let it out in private, I made sure that I did not shed one tear on such a happy event. I covered him with hugs and kisses, since for the past six weeks, I could not touch even one little inch of his body. Needless to say, he seemed glad to have my hugs and wet kisses, and I was very generous with them! As I was hugging him, I asked him if it was hard to not touch other people, and he sighed, “Yes, it was very hard.” He had been granted a day pass, today and yesterday, so he spent two beautiful sunny days outside of the four walls that have been his home for the last 6 and a half weeks. His color was great, and he had looked as though he grew a bit.
He received a new walker this week, and was pleased to show me how strong he is. He has had a very busy week, taking a few steps with his walker daily and trying to eat a bit more than he has been. Randy Tieman paid a pleasant visit to Tyler’s quarters to interview him. Now Tyler is not only a radio personality, but he will be on television too! Things seem to be on the mend, although a slight fever seems to be appearing on occasion. Monday brings more tests for Tyler, to determine the cause of this on and off temperature. Once again, thank you for all the support you have shown through emails, comments on the blog, and phone calls. Team Tyler has raised over $5000.00 to put towards finding a cure for this terrifying disease. If you are interested, please come and walk to honor this brave little boy. Please continue to pray, as we still have a long road ahead, but we are thankful for every little step and obstacle that he overcomes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tyler!
We're soooo happy that you got to spend two beautiful days with Auntie Kara & the rest of your family! We are so glad that you are feeling better & that you have a new walker to help your legs get stronger. We are going to join "Team Tyler" on Friday to walk for you. We send our love and our strength to you to help you get better!
Love Bill, Karine, Sam, Grace, Olivia & baby Ella Rose xoxoxo
P.S. You were right Tyler--you did feel the baby's hair because she has a lot of black hair!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tyler!

We're so excited about you being able to spend two days out of the hospital cause that means that things are coming along just great. As I've told you before, we live all the way here in Mexico so it's a little complicated for us to go over there BUT that does not mean we can't be part of the "Team Tyler". Therefore, on friday, my family and I will have our own walk in your honor, cause you know? we really admire all the streght you have shown through all of this and we feel that this is the least we can do for someone who deserves so much!

Keep up the great spirit and remember how much we all love you!

Claudia, Victor, Victor Daniel, Viviana, Teru and Nadya.

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy. I just emailed all my friends and told that that even if I was walking and had my own team (just me and Eddy Spaghetti) that if they wanted to sponsor..then they had to pick TEAM TYLER. Hope it works.

Don't forget I will be bringing my camera and filming everyone who has a story about you!!

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tyler

We saw Team Tyler on the news tonight! What a great job you all did raising money. We're so happy that you're feeling better, and that you got to go home last weekend. That must have felt so good! We hope that you'll be going home for good really soon. We think about you every day and send our prayers for your whole family.

Lots of love from Nancy and Francois