Thursday, October 4, 2007

Tyler Is Finally Resting In His Own Bed!

Yesterday morning, Tyler was granted a day pass and Darla and Mark were informed that Tyler would be discharged today. You can imagine our surprise, as we never imagined that he would be home before mid-October. The Wallis’ spent the morning clearing out Tyler’s hospital room, and thanking the wonderful staff that helped Tyler on this road to recovery. Darla reflected that she felt as though they were leaving for a trip, as the nurses waved goodbye to Tyler as they excited the automatic doors on the Oncology floor.

It was wonderful to see Tyler getting ready for bed in his room, and taking a bath in his own bath tub. Tonight, I am comforted with the knowledge that, after 8 weeks in the hospital, Tyler is finally resting in his own bed, with his Spiderman sheets. We have yet so many things to be thankful for this weekend. Please continue to pray for our little man as he gains his strength and is slowly regaining his desire to climb and play. He is slowly returning to his active, little boy ways.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Tyler,
glad you and your family are at home all together again. we had a good time visiting you last night and were glad that you enjoyed the homemade pumpkin pie. we will continue to pray for you (and Mom, Dad & Bethany) and look forward to seeing you gaining strength. what a great Thanksgiving weekend! God is good!! see you soon.
love
Auntie Linda and Uncle Dick

Anonymous said...

Tyler,

This news is WONDERFUL, but I need to THANK YOU. I have just gone through an operation that didn't go 100% but everytime I started to feel sorry for myself I thought of you hanging in there and I felt better, so Tyler THANK YOU..

Warren

Anonymous said...

Tyler, tonight, I have happy tears! You and your family must be on could nine and i can only immagine how good it feels to be home, sleeping in your spiderman sheets and eating a nice "home cooked meal". You are our inspiration, keep it up little buddy, love, Alyson and her family xoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

so so Glad to see that you are back at home....and what a wonderful time of year THANKSGIVING!!!! as special as Christmas is to me Thanksgiving has for many years now been just as special....Happy thanksgivivg to all of you and maybe see u in chuch soon... love lana & family

Anonymous said...

That's AMAZING news! I've been thinking of you loads and I'm super glad to see that things are looking up. Keep strong, God is good, always. Olivia L. (the girl from Curves)

Poppa said...

Just to let everyone know how proud IAm to be the head of this wonderful family .Tyler has done so much with his stength and determination .So many time I have look into those loving eyes and felt the tears come ,not of saddess but of joy that my little man was fighting this dreadful disease and still had time to give us that wonderful smile .As I think about it now tears are again in my eyes as I realize how much he has suffered and proven to each one of us how valueable our live are. Tyler is an example to others , Tyler is and IAm trying ......Blessings Poppa

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark and family,

What wonderful news that little Tyler is finally home. His strength and courage has been an inspiration to us all!

Angie
St. Mary's Elementary

Anonymous said...

Hi Tyler,

We don't know each other yet but I'm the one singing the songs on the special CD I made for you. I'm so happy to hear that you are home and I hope to meet you someday soon so we can sing together.

Lots of love from your friend Francine

Anonymous said...

To the Wallis Family:

I am soooooo happy to read that Tyler is home where he should be!

The power of prayer, modern medicine have finally and the determination of one tough little boy has finally worked!!!