Thursday, August 23, 2007

August 23rd Update

The past week has been stable, with Tyler having small fevers and chills, and vomiting, but nothing that has not been manageable. His nurses and doctors, as well as the rest of the excellent staff at the Children’s have made his solitary stay more enjoyable. The nurses have played along to his commands, with one even going underneath the computer table to make him laugh. We truly cannot thank these earthbound angels enough. Today, Tyler’s mouth is extremely painful from the canker sores that have developed, but he is being treated with morphine to ease the pain. Bethany’s remarkable recovery is also something to marvel about, as she still has not complained of any back pain whatsoever. Please pray for Darla and Mark, as they are finding their rigorous schedule challenging, and exhausting. The entire Wallis unit is doing a phenomenal job throughout this tiring ordeal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish the absolute best for Tyler, and for the whole family. Although I haven't met him, I love him so much and I'm so proud and truly inspired by his strength. I'm equally amazed by his sister's courage and selflessness by donating marrow to her brother. Chris and I are touched by your family's passion for life, and we wish you the absolute best in the tough days ahead.

We'll be thinking of you,
Meg Brighten (Gloria's daughter)& Chris Verschoor (Meg's fiance)

Anonymous said...

thank you for the updates...you all are close in our prayers...luv lana & family

Sasha said...

Hey Tyler
Just checked out your blog - never knew what a blog was before -thanks for teaching me something new today!!! See you later aligator ...

Anonymous said...

Dear Tyler and Bethany, although we haven´t met I´ve known your family for what seems a lifetime. Try to imagine your aunt Kara when she was 9 years old.... well, that´s how long I´ve known her!!! I really just wanted to tell you both that I am deeply touched and amazed by the strenght you have shown through all of this. You are an example to follow by everyone that knows you. Remember how much everyone around you loves you and keep up that great spirit. Please give you parents and your grandma my greetings and be sure that even if we are all the way here in Mexico, my family have all of you on our minds, hearts and prayers every single day!

Claudia Cardenas

Anonymous said...

Hi Tyler and all of u, haven't heard anything hope all is going good....keep us posted love & prayers always Lana & family